November 5, 2019 ‒ The NASH Roundtable and ProSciento, Inc. will host an official forum on November 10, 2019 in Boston to coincide with this year’s AASLD The Liver Meeting®. Established in 2018, the NASH Roundtable is a scientific forum bringing together leading hepatologists, endocrinologists and clinical development experts to accelerate the advancement and application of clinical research methods and strategies for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) drug development.
Presenting at the NASH Roundtable forum is Detlef Schuppan, MD, PhD, Mainz University Medical Center, and Morten Karsdal, PhD, Nordic Bioscience. The title of the presentation is “Blood Biomarkers of Liver Fibrosis: Clinical Applications and New Developments.”
Moderators of the forum meeting are Arun Sanyal, MD, Detlef Schuppan, MD, PhD, and Marcus Hompesch, PhD.
NASH Roundtable members are distinguished scientific and clinical development experts that meet biannually at the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) and American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) conferences
Participants at the November NASH Roundtable forum are:
- Elisabetta Bugianesi MD, PhD, Professor of Gastroenterology, School Medicine at the University of Torino, Italy
- Kenneth Cusi, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at University of Florida, USA
- Morten Karsdal, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Nordic Bioscience A/S, Herlev, Denmark
- Joel Lavine, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics and Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
- Vlad Ratziu, MD, Professor of Hepatology at Sorbonne University and Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
- Mary Rinella, MD, Professor of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Michael Roden, MD, Chair/Professor, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases and Director, German Diabetes Center, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and Director, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Hospital Düsseldorf, Germany
- Manuel Romero-Gómez, MD
- Professor of Medicine and President of SAPD, Digestive Diseases Unit, Virgen del Rocío University Hospital, SeLiver group at Institute of Biomedicie of Seville, University of Seville, Spain.
- Arun Sanyal, MD, Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Detlef Schuppan, MD, Professor of Medicine, Hepatology and Gastroenterology at University Medicine of the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Germany and Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Miriam Vos, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Gastroenterology at Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Vincent Wong, MD, Professor, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Marcus Hompesch, MD, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, ProSciento, Inc. Chula Vista, USA
- Carine Beysen, PhD, Senior Director, Clinical Research Innovation Services at ProSciento, Chula Vista, USA
To learn more about the NASH Roundtable and its members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.